WOOHOO! It have been WAY over a year since we were able to grab more of these beautiful french pillows and FINALLY they are BACK! Enjoy friends :)
This HUGE (24" Square) pillow carries much more history than one might think! The designer took an old ad that simply captured the beautiful typography and the history and then produced it in a pillow form. The reason why this pillow is story-rich, lies in the essence of the ad: " Maison Fondee EN 1938 Atelier De Paris - 568 Rue D'artiste". English translation: "Established in 1938. The studio/workshop of Paris - and then the address. This studio was established a year before the beginning of World War 2!
Just think for a second about these artistes that influenced the journey of art and furniture in those dark years! French artists like: Henri Matisse and André Derain and their European counterparts and friends such as: Pablo Picasso (who is Spanish but lived in Paris during the war) or Igor Stravinsky (Who is Russian but also lived in France until 1939 and then sailed to NY and lived there). Think about them not as the masters they are or the books and paintings that we now see! But as the artists in their Paris studios, publishing ads trying to promote their businesses and make a living!
That's why we LOVE this pillow! Besides the amazing story, we also love the huge size and the beautiful Flax/feedback material! Lastly, this pillow will truly make a statement piece over any of your chairs, benches, daybeds, couches or beds! It is so neutural and will work with most styles. Let your rooms breathe by mixing different style periods!
OH and did we mention that we held shipping for additional at only $2.95! Now you can decorate EVERY room of the house with one of these beauties!!
- Utilitarian History | Atelier De Paris Pillow
- $5 shipping for the first set and $2.95 for each additional
- Vintage Inspired Reproduction
- The pillow captures the graphics of an original ad that shows: Maison Fondee EN 1938 Atelier De Paris 568 Rue D'artiste. Ph. 4562 - 3748.
- Dimensions: 24” Wide x 24” High
- The pillow has an insert and an envelop backing with a zipper.
- Flax / Feedsack (65% cotton and 35%) linen shell. With a 100% polyester insert.
- Packed: One Per Package (you will receive one Atelier De Paris Pillow)
- A maximum quantity of 8 is allowed per customer
- Shipping Date: Leaves our warehouse within fifteen business days